Wednesday, October 24, 2012

COURT!!

I got another much anticipated phone call this morning!  It was our case worker letting me know we have been scheduled for court on Nov. 13th!  We got our referral less than 3 weeks ago!  What a blessing that things seem to be moving along quickly!  Time seems to finally be on our side.:)

So we are meeting with our case worker tomorrow morning to go over travel plans, paperwork, etc.  Then we will book our flights with a travel agent.  We are planning on being in Ethiopia for about 10 days.  We will get to spend some time with our son in the orphanage, visit some local sites/markets, and travel down for a 2 night stay to Dire Dawa, where our son is from.  I am beyond excited, and so nervous too!  I don't really know what to expect.  I know there will be a culture shock for sure...but I think we need that.

I am most nervous about leaving Maya for 10 days.  I have never been away from her for more than 5 days...and even that was hard!  I am so lucky to have the best family ever.  My cousin's Matt and Val are going to be taking Maya while we're gone...she is so excited to spend time in Ohio with the family and her cousins!  At least I know she will be in good hands between my mom and family!  I am soooo thankful to have them!

I feel so blessed that we are able to have this experience.  I cannot wait to see what God has in store for us from here on out.  This journey has been hard, crazy, long, stressful, rewarding, emotional, and eye opening....I am thankful for all of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment