Sunday, October 7, 2012

MY CUP RUNNETH OVER!!

4:43pm on Friday, October 5, 2012 was the moment my heart almost exploded with joy.  It went something like this:
"Hello?"
"Amy?"
"Yes, hi."
"It's ____ from your agency."
"Oh, hi, how's it going?"
(this is the part where I was worried something was wrong b/c I was not expecting a referral for a few more weeks and couldn't let myself get excited yet)
"I'm calling with the call you have been waiting for...."
(me sobbing and laughing uncontrollably)
"Sweet!"
(yes...I said "sweet."  I have no idea why...or where it came from...but that was my choice of words...)

She proceeded to tell me the best news I could have asked for.  They had a beautiful, healthy, 4 month old baby boy for us...he was going to be MY SON!  It was more than I could take.  She gave me lots of details...and thankfully also told me she would be emailing me all of it, since I would no doubt forget everything she said to me during that call beyond...."we have a child for you."

It was so surreal!  I paced around the house, my hands were shaking, and I couldn't stop smiling as the tears poured down my cheeks.  This was the news I had been waiting to hear.  I just couldn't believe it actually happened!  I was going to have a SON!

When Andrew got home, we opened the email together so we could see our sons face together for the first time.  He is perfect.  He is beautiful.  He looks healthy!!  His cheeks are so round and his eyes just pierce my heart.  We love him!

And now..........more waiting.  We wait for a court date so we can plan our trip to go meet him, to hold him, to kiss those chubby cheeks!  I will pray that the next month goes by quickly!!  Man, I am going to have to stay REALLY busy!  But for now, I can't stop staring at the picture of this smooth skinned beautiful boy with eyes that melt me to the core.....

No comments:

Post a Comment