Tuesday, November 6, 2012

3 more days!!

Well, we leave in 3 days.  What?!  Really?  And just when I was starting to feel super stressed and overwhelmed, a wave a calm came over me out of nowhere.  Not really out of nowhere.  God has really had a way of placing some amazing people in my life along this journey.  I have made some forever friends through the process of adoption, and I could not be more thankful for them.

I have been prayed for, confided in, and calmed by their words and friendship.  So, although I am soooo nervous, I am also excited and hopeful about this trip to Ethiopia.  I know I have family and friends at home who, although they are not coming on a plane with us, will be with us the whole way!  One of my biggest fears is leaving my sweet 3 year old at home, but I also have the peace in my heart of knowing she is in good hands with my mom and cousins.

So, when you ask me if I am ready....the answer is yes.  I am ready.  I am also scared, nervous, anxious, excited, and sort of freaking out.  But my faith in the fact that God is leading us down this path and the knowledge that he has been with us all along, makes me confident that everything will be ok.

Thank you to my family and friends who have supported us in this.  Thanks to my special adoptive mama friends who have really comforted me in sooooo many ways.  You ladies are truly God sent!  And thank you for your continued prayers as we embark on this journey to meet our son.  I will try to keep you all updated from Ethiopia the best I can.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment